Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day of Firsts


Today I had a big meeting at work that was supposed to last from 9-3, so Grandma Weaver came up to stay with Will (since Rachel had to start school today!). It was pretty stressful for me to leave him, even with family. . . . So this was my first time to leave him at home to go to work, and my first time to pump at work. That was pretty fun.....on our break, I did a quick fly by of the downstairs bathroom in the business building and determined that it was NOT pump friendly. In fact, I didn't see an outlet at all. So, I went to the office and asked the secretary if there was a room with a bit of privacy that I could use for a few minutes. She gave me an unused office with a lock and no windows--yah! So, I got to pump in privacy, and when I took my supplies to wash out in the bathroom afterward, I was really glad I didn't have to use the bathroom because someone else had been using it for its intended purposes, and it was bad.

We actually got out of the meeting at noon instead of 3, so I was excited to get back to Will earlier than expected. When I walked in, I heard a pathetic sniffle and found him and Grandma sitting in the floor. She had been trying to feed him off and on for about an hour. She may or may not have been trying to give him the bottle (a Ventaire) flipped the wrong direction. Suffice to say, Will was pretty glad to see me. He ate and promptly fell asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment