Well, this time 6 months ago, Will was almost 24 hours old! It is ever so cliche, and yet ever so true, how quickly time flies. Or at least, it goes by in a blur. While some individual days in the first few months seemed to be years in themselves, it seems like just a few weeks ago we were bringing Will home. He is a very different baby than the one who came home, though.
- Slept much better during the night. Never napped.
- Ate constantly (breastmilk only). Cried almost constantly.
- Was very alert but couldn't do a lot with it.
- Naps almost every day, 2-3 hours. Is awake from every 20 minutes to every 2 hours during the night.
- Keeps his eating sessions to a reasonable 10-15 minutes and only every 2-3 hours. And eats oatmeal, rice, pears, and avocado. Cries only when he is exhausted or hungry (or hurt). Pretty happy baby otherwise.
- Still very alert, but now motors himself around--by lurching forward on all fours or rolling.
What hasn't changed
- Maintains an angelic "public face."
- Is Loud (he suffers from voice immodulation like his mom).
- Never misses anything.
- Always hits his milestones early (people always say, "He doesn't seem old enough to be XYZing!")
- Loves his peeps!