Saturday, October 24, 2009

On the Move

Will is officially mobile. Ok, he's been able to get around for a while now, but now it's different..... you know what I mean. Several weeks ago I had that experience of coming into the room and thinking to myself, "Um, where did the baby go?" since he wasn't where I left him. But, his movement in the past few weeks has mostly consisted of rolling with a bit of backwards crawling (and I don't mean purposeful backward crawling, so that was a lot of going the opposite direction he wanted to go), so although he could get himself where he wanted to go, it was slow, arduous, and often accompanied by crying. In the last week, he just started crawling forward as if he'd been doing it his whole life. He can also sit up by himself once he's crawling (can't pull himself to a sit from laying down, though). I definitely can't leave him laying on the changing table anymore (yes, I'm a bad mom, I do occasionally leave him while I grab clothes from his dresser a couple steps away).

As of two days ago, he's also sprouted teeth! No more chewing on Mommy's nose and chin (and she fears deeply for her boobs!). He's determined not to let us see them, though, so we'll have to wait to get pictures till they are tall enough to see above his lip.

No comments:

Post a Comment