Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Lost Weekend. . .

Or, How to Lose 10 Pounds in 24 Hours.

Last weekend, our first weekend after school started and during which we didn't have any big plans, was supposed to be our "catch-up/rest-up" before getting into the swing of things with school and going back to work, etc. Well......when I picked Will up, one of the day care ladies was cleaning herself up from a poo-splosion Will had just had on her. I chalked it up to those nasty antibiotics he had been taking since Monday.

A couple hours after he got home, though, I started feeling not so good. By the time Bil got home, I was downright nauseous, and soon I was laying on the couch moaning and asked Bil to bring me the trash can. He said something about "Shouldn't you be laying in the bathroom if you're sick" (obviously he hasn't taken a close look at the bathroom floor lately), so I withdrew my miserable self to the bedroom. I threw up not long after (in the trash can--so much cleaner than the toilet!), and the long weekend of misery was off and running. Bil brought Will to bed around 9 or 10. All he had wanted to do all evening was nurse, and it turned out to be a good thing since I was in no shape to get out of bed and do anything else with him, and soon, neither was Bil. I had terrible chills, aches, and nausea, and wasn't able to go to sleep except sporadically during the night. So, I was still awake around 1 when Bil jumped out of bed and ran for the bathroom. Apparently there was about a 6 hour-lag time between all of our incubation of the virus of doom. Nausea gave way to bouts of diarrhea, which lasted several days longer.

Thankfully Bil and I felt good enough to resume eating by Sunday evening, but Will has been on a diet of almost solely breastmilk for almost a week now. It worked out OK for me, since I finally saw my prepregnancy weight again, but at Will's well baby appointment on Wednesday, he weighed over a pound less than he did two weeks ago. Down is not the direction you want to go when you are already hanging precariously in the 3rd percentile on the growth curve. The doctor said it was understandable that Will would be losing since he's been sick for almost a solid month now, but obviously, it was not exactly a comforting statistic. Hopefully he will be feeling better very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment