Sunday, May 2, 2010

End of the Weekend-itis

Well, another week has come to a close (and so has my weekend), and as usual, I feel that very little has gotten done.

What I have accomplished this weekend:

  • bought groceries for next week's meals
  • delivered car to dealership for to get fixed
  • shopped at JoAnn's big May Day sale--got lots of diapering fabrics; they now have PUL and in colors! Also got assorted needles of which I was in need.
  • held Will for many, many, many (many, many) hours. He seemed to be feeling a smidge better in the early part of the week, but then was feverish and super-grumpy on Thursday, and his cough has been getting worse all week. The pediatrician called him in an antibiotic, and I'm to call them back if he's not better by Wednesday. *Sigh*
  • cleaned my bathtub--with Softscrub and everything
  • vacuumed the living room floor
  • made two pairs of Robeez-style shoes for Will (my big project this weekend). The first pair was completed while Will wailed against my legs at the sewing table because I refused to pick him up while I was sewing. The second pair (completed earlier this evening) was entirely constructed with Will on my back in the Ergo, asleep. He slept for about 3 hours on my back this evening. I finally took him out to wake him up in fear of his being up till midnight tonight.
  • planted the little pepper and tomato plants Daddy brought me a couple weeks ago
Will has several new tricks he's added to his repertoire, in spite of not feeling good.
  • When Rachel was leaving tonight, he very clearly said, "Sis-aa" to her
  • He holds his cell phone (the one I killed this week) to his ear and says, "Aa-lo." There's no "h" sound there at all, but he's almost got the intonation down.
  • Week before last, there were many tears and great wailing when I left him at daycare because he had a substitute teacher. This last week, he practically leapt out of my arms and into Janna's, his teacher's, and gleefully waved bye to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment