Saturday, May 5, 2012

Will: 3-Year Stats

Will had his 3-year well-child checkup a couple of weeks ago. I scheduled it for a couple days before his big dental procedure appointment so we could get his clean bill of health for the general anesthesia at the same time. Unfortunately, the only time they had available was 1:15, which is 15 minutes after my class lets out, and it takes about 25 minutes to get to the dr.'s office. Also, my classes are back to back, so I didn't even have time to let out early and run get him. So, I ended up dropping him at daycare, running to work and frantically reading through the day's material, then getting Will and bringing him to school with me. He had been asking to "see my kids" anyway, so it worked out. He was not as disruptive as he could have been, but also not quiet as a mouse either (when is he ever?).  I had a couple of student presentations in the first class, and Will did interrupt a couple of times--I felt pretty bad, but the students handled it well.

To keep him entertained, I brought him a juice box (he never gets real juice at home normally) and some snacks and my iPad and his headphones. It worked alright till the food ran out. Also, I did not plan well for his diapering needs after the juice box, and by the time we got to the dr.'s office, he was soaked clear through his shorts. Ack! Thankfully at 3, he normally doesn't require a change of clothes in the diaper bag, so I was unprepared. I changed his diaper, but just had to leave him with no pants/shorts since the one pair were too wet. We definitely looked "interesting" in the waiting room at the doctor's. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long. Since we're not having any current problems, it was a pretty quick visit. It's hard to believe at this time last year, I was worrying about his lack of eating/textures and his speech. He's definitely ahead of his peers in the speech department, and though he's still a picky eater, he doesn't seem to have major texture aversions like he did before.

His growth stats:
29 pounds
36 inches

That puts him somewhere around the 25% for weight (a huge increase there!) and 15% for height (a bit of an increase there).

Happy 3rd Birthday Will!

No comments:

Post a Comment