Sunday, July 8, 2012

9 Months

9 Months

I can't believe Soren was 9 months on the Fourth of July! It's so hard to believe it's already been a year since I was heavily pregnant and miserable this time last summer (the worst summer to be pregnant in for many years, I might add, with about 2 months steady of 100+ temperatures.....I remember looking at the weekly forecast and wanting to cry at all the 110+ temps).

9 Months

Soren at 9 months:
  • Almost walking! He took his (definite) first steps on July 3, trying to walk from the couch to me. He didn't make it all the way, but he will soon!
  • Everyone thinks his "mamamama" babbling is meaningful. I'm not convinced yet, but maybe!
  • He understands the words "drink," "eat," and "bath." I'm sure he understands much more, but I have spent way less time trying to figure out what he knows than I did with Will. Poor second child!
  • He's a very sweet boy, who is happy as long as you're doing what he wants. Now, if you don't do what he wants (if you're me, this means holding him. if you're not me, this probably means getting him to me), he will scream his head off.  He's much more content than Will was at this age, but when he gets mad, he gets really mad and screams like there is something really wrong.
  • Unlike Will at this age, Soren is happy to play on the floor. He loves investigating any kind of bag or box or cabinet that has stuff to pull out. 
  • He loves to eat. Now he's to the point where he mostly wants to do it himself and might well refuse if I try to feed him (again, unlike Will, who at 3, would just as soon still be handfed!). It's funny, I always thought those high-chair mats were just another money-waster that parents didn't need since Will hardly ate enough to make a mess, but now I want one for Soren! I can mop the floor under his high chair, and it will be disgusting after the very next meal. He's also got an excellent pincer-grasp--he's quite dexterous at feeding himself berries and such. No more fist-grabs for him.
  • He HATES diaper changes. If he keeps going at this rate, I'll have to start changing him on the floor. I have to hold his hands and feet up to keep him from rolling or from grabbing.....
  • He is a smiley, happy baby, and he loves to laugh. He loves peekabo and any attention his brother gives him. 
  • He recognizes Aunt Jana, Granny & Papa, and Annie and loves them all.
  • We've had Rachel home this week, and the first few nights, he'd sit with his mouth wide open each time she showed up. It's not his usual reaction to having people around, so I'm not sure what it meant, but it was sure cute! Maybe he was trying to figure out how she got out of the Skype screen and onto the couch!
  • Overall, he is a better car rider than Will was at this age, but I am still terrified of the trip to Georgia we're going on next week since when he decides he doesn't want to ride, he will scream like nobody's business.
  • And, of course, he's absolutely adorable!
9 Months

9 Months

No comments:

Post a Comment