Monday, August 6, 2012

10 Months

Soren was 10 months on Saturday. I can't believe how fast time goes by--it's even faster with the second one, if that's possible. I wonder what 3 (or more!) must be like!

Granny & Papa Weaver  took Will for the weekend so he could go to HON's VBS. From all accounts he had a great time there, and we had a nice, quiet, restful weekend without him. Soren still wasn't feeling too great from his cold, but he was significantly less fussy than he was during the week, and I got to sleep in till 8:15 and 9 Saturday and Sunday, a feat that never happens with Will around.

We went to the Cheesecake Factory. It's funny how relaxing it is to go out to eat without Will. Soren is such an easy-going baby (when he's entertained by people-watching at least) that he's no bother to take. He got his own little plate of breads and bananas. He ate the bread, left the bananas. He seems to not care for them much (funny, it's one of the few things he doesn't like--guess he got that from me!).

Soren--10 mos

Hmmm....

 I forgot to take a picture of him with my decent camera, so these will have to suffice.

His current favorite food is cherries. He'd eat them all day long--who am I kidding, he does eat them all day long, except at supper, when he generally eats whatever we eat. He really likes cooked adult food, especially the spicy, creamy chicken enchiladas.

He is not only walking, he is fast, and he can pick up (from a squat) and carry lots of toys, most impressively, Will's light-sabers. They are light, but taller than he is!

He threw his first non-flushable in the toilet on his 10-month birthday--a bathcloth he found on the floor. We've got to be sure and keep the door shut all the time now, I guess. We had just gotten to be able to leave it open since Will's stopped getting into stuff in there!

I think he may be getting close to dropping one of his naps, or maybe it's just that we've been off our schedule lately, but Soren's been taking one really long one the last few days.

He's mostly a very sweet and happy little guy when he's not feeling bad (like this last week--new tooth + cold). When he's hurting, he gets super-clingy to me and also hard to put to sleep.

When Will returned Sunday night, both he and Soren scream-cried for about 30-45 mins before they finally settled down. It was nerve-wracking. Then Soren couldn't get settled to nurse to sleep, so I ended up rocking him to sleep which never happens. It was nice!


On Sunday, I was sewing and heard Soren laughing. I turned to find him holding a peice of fabric over his head, then he pulled it down and giggled. He kept doing it, and I realized he was playing peek-a-boo. So cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment