Friday, September 14, 2012

Two Weeks of Ugh......

The last two weeks have been rough. We moved Soren to Will's daycare, so any progress he made at his first place was sort of lost. After almost 2 full weeks, they can still get him to drink hardly anything while he's there. At least he's eating for the most part. I think part of his problem is that he just hasn't felt very well. The boys were both down with some kind of virus last weekend. On Monday they were in that transitional zone, when they weren't quite sick enough to need to stay home (definitely not enough to need me to stay home), but probably not quite well enough for school either. So they got sent. Poor guys.

This week I have been sick most of the week, but not quite enough to HAVE to stay home, so of course, I feel compelled to work. I've spent a couple of evenings in bed. The house is even more of a wreck than it usually is by the end of the work week, and the boys have had hot dogs for supper 3 times. Today I got up at 6 a.m. to go stand in line at the football stadium to apply for a Bethany transfer for Will. Their system is absolutely crazy, and I doubt he'll get in since we weren't dedicated enough (ie, at all) to camp out for 2 weeks. Or even "just" since Monday (as the school superintendent suggested). I was number 67 in line.

On a brighter note, I can't believe how Soren is turning into quite the toddler almost over night, it seems. It's like once he got the walking thing down, he instantly got older and more understanding of what's going on. For instance, I was spying on him through the outside window of his classroom when going to pick him up, and the teacher saw me, and told him to look back at the window, and he clearly knew what she was saying since he turned and looked and started toward me. I had forgotten what it's like when they can understand so more than they can express. He's really cute, but also very needy when he gets picked up--definitely having a hard time with being away from me all day.

Will is his usual self, except that he seems to be going through a clumsy phase. He's hurt himself several times recently, including a HUGE carpet burn he gave his face by rubbing it on the carpet, a really nasty bite to his tongue (like, I saw it and wondered if it needed stitches kind of nasty), and most recently, an almost-black eye from falling into his dad's elbow in bed.

Hoping for an easier weekend and next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment