Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another Comino Cap Dress

Comino Cap Dress v. 2

I made another one! I love this pattern so much!

 Comino Cap Dress v. 2
I just can't get over how cute the back of this dress is. I love it! 

Nothing really to say except that this only took about two hours or so. It is really super-super fast. It provided the perfect distraction Monday afternoon, as I was waiting for Bil to get home from work with his blood glucose meter--we had a scare with Will's blood sugar, which tested high over the weekend at my parent's house. Luckily, the high reading seems to have been a faulty meter. Anyway, back to the dress! I wanted to try my hand at print mixing, so I played it safe and mixed stripes and this adorable bird print that I got from Girl Charlee over a year and a half ago. The stripes is from a thrifted XL women's tee that I got off the 20-cent rack. The pattern is so fun in that you can use something you have just a tiny bit off for the top bodice--and even tinier if you only use it on the front OR the back!

Here's a closeup to show the stripes and birds.

Comino Cap Dress v. 2

I thought maybe I'd like this one ok without the belt, but after seeing pictures, I definitely think it looks better with.
Comino Cap Dress v. 2

Comino Cap Dress v. 2

Outtake with a toddler flasher:
Comino Cap Dress v. 2

I've still got a pretty big chunk of the birds left, so I'm going to see if I can squeeze a t-shirt out of it--it's too cute to note use up. Perhaps I shall try the Camino Cap T since it's sitting there already traced out. Hmm....

1 comment:

  1. What a great dress! I love the combo you chose and the bird print is super cute!

    ReplyDelete