Sunday, July 27, 2014

Anytime at All Tee: A Review

I had about 1/3 of a yard or less left of the cute bird print I used in the Comino Cap Dress V. 2 (and then the top version), and I didn't want it to go to waste in the garbage or languish, small and scrappy in my already-bursting-at-the-seams stash, so I made up a pattern I bought a while back, the Anytime at All Tee from Shwin & Shwin.

Anytime at All Tee

This PDF pattern provides several different color-blocking options in sizes 3 months (in onesie form) all the way up to 8. I don't think I've got any other patterns with that large a range! The PDF went together quite easily, not nearly as painful as some PDFs are to put together. I didn't have any misalignment troubles other than the usual small amounts I am always off by the time I get to the bottom. The pattern also uses brightly colored lines to differentiate the sizes, and I liked that, though I might not have if I had only had b&w printing as an option.

The pattern sewed up just about perfect. I did notice (after it was all serged, of course), that the bodice top front/back where just a smidge--maybe 1/4" an inch off at the side seams. It's entirely possible this was my fault since you would have thought I could have gotten that little bit to match up. I will have to check the next time  and see if the pattern's off or I just goofed pinning. The only reason I think it might be the pattern is that it's exactly the same amount off on both sides, and I didn't struggle to get the side seams matched up down at the bottom. I also noticed that there don't seem to instructions for hemming the sleeves if you're not using the long-sleeve band. I used the existing hem on the tee I was upcycling, but I wasn't sure how much I should leave off of the sleeve length to account for the hem.  I didn't really consult the directions aside from looking for the missing sleeve-hem, but what I skimmed through seemed like it would be useful for a beginner.

Sadly, no modeling pictures since I'm sending this to a friend's daughter.  This means I'm also not sure on how the pattern runs size-wise.

Anytime at All Tee

I used up almost all of the two women's Ts I had used in my Comino Cap creations, so 3 items busted with these makes!

No comments:

Post a Comment