Thursday, August 7, 2014

My Little Bronies....Shirts!

Will is really into My Little Ponies right now, and of course, I've not come across anything at the store that's MLP and not in ultra-pink/purple colors. So, I offered to make him a shirt with his favorite pony--Rainbow Dash--on it. Soren's not really into them, but he didn't want to be left out and ordered up a Spike shirt.

I spent more than a couple hours working on these things. I don't think I've done such a complicated shape as Rainbow Dash before. And Will was not thrilled that I didn't stay accurate on the rainbow parts (he noticed that the "cutie mark"--the lightening bolt thing on the flank--didn't contain any red), but that was just too fiddly for me. Instead, I just sewed a bunch of strips together and then laid my shapes on them; I did go in the correct order for the colors in the tail, at least! I had to do the rainbow part twice because I accidentally adhered my heat n bond to the right side of the rainbow. Because of course of I would do that on the fabric I'd have to totally reconstruct.

Bronies Shirts


Bronies Shirts

 Spike was easier, though I used more colors in sewing the applique down. You probably can't tell, but there are 3 different shades of green fabric and corresponding shades of thread too.

Spike
Bronies Shirts

Bronies Shirts

Both shirts are the Flashback Skinny Tee. Will's is the 3T in the length of a 5T. That was a perfect fit when I made his Batman shirt in March, but, silly me, he's grown since then, so this one's a bit snug. He'll probably outgrow it soon. I'm thinking I'll cut the applique out of the shirt (with the back) and move it to a new shirt. I don't want to lose all that work so soon! Soren's is a straight 3T and none too big in this stable knit.

Still melts my heart when he smiles!
Bronies Shirts

Bronies Shirts

Gotta have a walking stick
Bronies Shirts

Digging in the dirt
Bronies Shirts

Bronies Shirts

Bronies Shirts

"I'll hug you, Mama!"
Bronies Shirts

Bronies Shirts

Friendship is magic!!
Bronies Shirts


Will begins to suspect that this whole "adventure walk" might have just been a ruse to get pictures...
Bronies Shirts

No comments:

Post a Comment