Monday, July 13, 2015
Reglisse dress, take 2.
I wanted something quick and cute to dip my toes back into the sewing water, so I decided to make another D&D Reglisse dress with some cute fabric I had either thrifted or gotten from a garage sale sometime last year. I thought it was really cute with streaks of several different colors through a light gray.
Close-up to show fabric
I had hoped to self-line the skirt since the fabric is quite sheer, and I had a lot of the fabric, but it turned out to be about 1.5" too short to cut the skirt peices on the fold (as called for), so then I didn't have nearly as much large space as I had intended. That's also why I have a seam down the front and back of the skirt.
I guess it's ok I couldn't line it since a floaty circle-skirt isn't safe to wear in Oklahoma.
I should have remembered to go back and check my notes from the first time I made this. It's soooo short waisted! After I finished it, my mom pointed out that the darts were completely on top of my boobs. Oops. Maybe next time I'll fix it? (Who am I kidding, probably not.) Also, in the picture below, it looks like my bra is showing, but it's the SA flipping up in the armpit. It's pretty thick, and I did give it a thorough pressing, so I think I may have to tack it down.
My stash of bias tape really suffered in the fire, and I haven't yet built it back up to its former proportions. So, I didn't have any tape that would be enough to do the hem and the neckline. I finally realized no one would see the neckline, so I could use what I wanted.
I ended up using an electric blue for that and a yellow for the hemline. They were perfect matches to the colors shot through the fabric.
The boys had to photobomb of course
Incidentally, Will is wearing mama-made shark pajamas from Christmas.
And Soren is wearing mama-made shorts from last summer.