Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Fawn Lady Skater

Fawn Lady Skater

I made yet another Lady Skater, this time in fawn fabric that I bought last year from Girl Charlee. Yes, I'm sure it was intended for girls' clothing, but I don't care!

Fawn Lady Skater

Since this is the 15th-million iteration of this pattern, there's not much to say, except that I sized up, and it still wasn't enough. 

Spinny picture!
Fawn Lady Skater

The front is too tight, so between that and the swayback adjustment that should have been made and wasn't, the back is a mess. I probably won't wear this one without a cardi. Sigh. 

Fawn Lady Skater

I did decide to use some fun coral-colored lace I picked up at the thrift store or a garage sale (it was marked 2/$1 at Woolworth's--haven't seen a Woolworth's in a very long time!) to trim the hem for a bit of fun. Right in the middle of the lace, it had shrunk or something--the lace was noticeably about 1/2-3/4 the size of the rest of the lace. There wasn't enough continuous lace to use otherwise, so I ended up cutting out the shrunken section and reattaching. It's not perfect, but I"m happy enough with how that part turned out!

Lace hem

Fawn Lady Skater

My assistant didn't want to stay out of the way. 
Fawn Lady Skater

1 comment:

  1. The lace trim makes a cute dress super cute. Nice helper too.

    ReplyDelete