Saturday, August 1, 2015

Oliver + S Garden Party Dress

Garden Party Dresses

I bought a couple of the Oliver + S girl patterns last year in a sale and decided to try out the Garden Party Dress with scraps left over from my latest Reglisse. I cut out and sewed two size 6-12 mos dresses to use as baby gifts.

Garden Party Dresses

The pattern instructions were wonderful, as is typical of Oliver + S patterns. I had a bit of trouble with the placement of the front contrast band. I believe I must not have marked something when I traced off my pattern since I couldn't see exactly where I was to place it and ended up 1/2" or so off, which then meant I had to fudge getting the front and back together and trim a 1/2" off the bottom to make it up.

Garden Party Dresses

I was aggravated with myself because I cut out one of the lining pieces against the grain and didn't notice it till I had sewed it in. It's pretty obvious since it has stripes :-) But I was too lazy to rip it out.

When I was to the point of sewing up the side seams of the second dress, I managed to knock some lever or button off and that caused my screen to go blank. I thought my machine had decided to die. Thankfully, after a trip to the Babylock store, it turned out not to be broken at all. At least my machines got their yearly servicing out of it!

I used buttons from some elderly lady's random button collection I bought at an estate sale. Soren helped pick them out. I also learned to do a chain stitch.

Garden Party Dresses

Garden Party Dresses

Garden Party Dresses
Mr. Can't Stand to Be Ignored

No comments:

Post a Comment